Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Favorite Things...


Being a mom or even a parent can bring you much joy. These are a few of my favorite things that Malachi does that melts my heart, makes me laugh and sometimes even cry.
I love how he loves to "ok snuggle the house" I love that when he says "kiss the love of my life" he means me and its always on the base of my right jaw. I won't always be the love of his life I will take it while I can.  I love how small his hand is in the palm of my hand and the softness of it. He won't always be small and one day holding his hand will hold a different meaning. I love how he loves his daddy. No matter how cool mom is (or I think I am) at the end of the day, Daddy is still who he wants. 
I love to hear him sing. I love that the small mesh laundry basket that we have is used for an ambulance on our kitchen floor as he says beep, beep, beep and backing it in. I love that he expects me everyday after school to get him off the bus and the look of excitement when I am always there. I love to hear him read. Sometimes you can understand it, sometimes you can't, but he can and that's important. I love that the simple things in life like snow, he expects in June so he can play in it. I love that Malachi doesn't understand that he is different and he loves everyone the same regardless of their past. Most of all I am glad that God gave him to me. I wouldn't be the mother I am without him.


No comments:

Post a Comment