Monday, February 7, 2011

Simple Pleasures

Malachi loves snow. Most people don't enjoy the coldness of it, or how it can make it difficult for driving among many other things. But for Malachi it's one of his many simple pleasures. He has no concept that its can be a major pain. This is one of the reasons I  learned to love snow. When you tell him that its going to snow, his face lights up and he says "snow". There was a time when he was afraid of snow. Wouldn't even want to go outside to be near it, even if you were carrying him. Didn't want anything to do with it. Then one year his Papa decided to take him outside and get on the ground with him, and roll around it in until he was soaked to the bone just so that my little boy could understand what snow was all about. That is what life is with Malachi. Taking the time to help him understand something he doesn't. It is not a simple task and it is not one we take lightly. We win some, we lose some but its worth it. The joy you see on his face when he finally does understand it, is the best reward for me as a parent. This is why I love snow. Because its the simple things we overlook sometimes that can make you feel like a child all over again. It warms my heart even if its knee deep and freezing because its a simple pleasure for a little boy who stole my heart seven years ago.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I need to roll around on the ground with him, so I can be his simple pleasure again! LOL! Love that kid and his mama! Good post! :)

    ReplyDelete