Monday, February 14, 2011

Flu

My poor baby has the flu. I should have known the day before when he fell asleep in the middle of the day. Malachi doesn't take naps unless he doesn't feel well. He had been up since 3:30 that morning so we thought he was just tired. Last night he fell asleep before six on the couch which also isn't like him. So around eight I decided to carry him to bed. He felt really warm to me but I just went ahead and let it go, thinking it could be my imagination. Around 9:30 PM he falls out of bed and starts to cry. I run in there to get him and at this time I am positive he has a fever. It was around 103. He only wants daddy and he is still crying. We finally are able to get him to take some medicine and that seems to help for awhile. Needless to say we are up with him all night long. Poor Mike he has to work in the morning and Malachi is achy and only wants daddy. Malachi can't express inward pain. For example if he has a belly ache, he can't tell us. If his head hurts he can't tell us. All these things that I think are wrong with him are just assumptions. Mike leaves for work around 6:20 and I have decided to take him to the ER instead of waiting on the doctors office to open. Before we left he still have a fever of 101. We get in there and they exam him and do a swab. From this we find that has tested positive for the Flu. My poor little guy. So he has been resting most of the day and still only wanting daddy when he is awake. I hope he gets better soon. I sure don't like to see my baby sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment