Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Poor Baby!

Its Thursday, the day Malachi was supposed to go back to school. He has been fever free for a few days. He is still low on energy from time to time but able none the less to go back to school. Instead yesterday around 3:30PM, I accidently poke him in the left eye. I wasn't sure how bad it was because he was just crying non stop. We are going into two hours of him crying and he finally falls asleep which I thought was the best thing at this time. He wouldn't open it so I wasn't sure how much damage I had done. Its now 12:30AM, Malachi is awake and screaming again. He isn't getting better with the whole eye thing so I decide to take him to the ER. This is our second trip there this week. I explain what happened, so the doctor and two nurses and me hold him down and put some drops in his eye. They add some dye and put a black light over to see how bad it is. I seriously did not get awarded the Best Mom of the Year on this one. His cornea is damaged. Has a huge abrasion. So they give him ointment to numb the eye and some medicine to help with pain and allow him to sleep because being Malachi this is the best cure, rest. The doctor said that they eyes are fast healers so he should be better in a few days. I hope so because right now it doesn't look so good. His eye is swollen and it looks like I punched him instead of poked him and he can't open it let alone see out of it. So now he won't be going back to school until Monday.  I tried to take a picture, but he doesn't want a picture taken, can't say I blame him. I just feel horrible.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh!! I just wrote a whole stupid comment and I exed out before the stupid kaptcha (sp?) Anyway... next week his pirate days will be nothing but a memory! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desirea, It might not be one of your proud moments. But I would imagine if you would stack up the purposeful good you do for your precious angel next to things you did on human error, the good would far outweigh the bad. You are an exceptional mama.

    ReplyDelete